In 2023, the USPS promotions can help you reach your customers in new ways and save money on postage. They will likely increase your response rates too! Check out these special programs with the USPS to save on your postage in 2023. There are a variety of programs to choose from, so you should be able to find at least one that is a good fit for you. If you want you can actually participate in all six!
2023 USPS Postage Saving Promotions:
- Tactile, Sensory & Interactive Promotion – This program runs February 1, 2023 – July 31, 2023. This year the discount has increases to 5%! Use this program to highlight special finishing technologies that engage the senses. Some ideas are special visual effects, sound, scent, texture/tactile coatings, and even taste. In addition, you can create interactive mail pieces such as pop-ups, infinite folds, or other dimensional aspects. This is a really fun one that can only be done with print marketing. Get the requirements here.
- Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion – This program runs February 1, 2023 – July 31, 2023. This year the discount increases to 4%. Use this program is to add color marketing messaging on your bills and statements. Turn transactional mail into promotional pieces also. Get the requirements here.
- Emerging and Advanced Technology Promotion – This program runs May 1, 2023 – November 30, 2023. This time there is a tiered discount structure of 3% – 4% based on the technology used. The mobile shopping is now included in this promotion. Use this program to engage customers and prospects by use of mobile technology in direct mail. This can be done with Voice Assistant, Augmented Reality, NFC, Video and more. This is a very powerful way to create a longer connection and increase the effectiveness of your message. Get the requirements here.
- Reply Mail IMBA – This program runs July 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023. This is a new program that will provide a 3% or 6% postage discount. IMbA is a newly introduced automated accounting system for Business Reply Mail (BRM), this promotion encourages mailers to adopt the system for their business reply mail. The guidebook will be released in the near future.
- Informed Delivery Promotion – This program runs August 1, 2023 – December 31, 2023. This year the discount has increased to 4%. Use this program of Informed Delivery which will send an email to people with a color picture of your mail piece to let them know what is coming in their mail box that day. You can even provide a clickable link so that people can start purchasing right then. The guidebook will be released in the near future.
- Retargeting – This program runs September 1, 2023 – November 30, 2023. This is a new program that will provide a 5% postage discount. Use this program to engage prospects after they have left your website without making a purchase, by sending them a postcard to generate a sale. The guidebook will be released in the near future.
You can participate in as many of the promotions as you would like. Each promotion requires registration to participate and reporting after the mailing is complete, but they are worth the savings. An ounce of prevention can save you a pound of headaches. It is important to thoroughly check your mail pieces for postal regulations before you print. Your mail service provider can help you with this. Don’t waste money on postage. Are you ready to start saving?