Combining the power of augmented reality (AR) to capture and engage your audience with the power of direct mail as a trustworthy medium that drives response, is a winning combination. You can enhance your direct mail performance by adding augmented reality to it. There are many ways to make this work with phenomenal results.
There are two main objections to adding AR:
- Expense – You may think that this is an expensive idea, but you can create a powerful AR experience without breaking the bank.
- Hard – You may think that creating the AR experience will be hard, it does not have to be.
There are many companies that offer software you can easily use to build a great AR experience such as www.blippar.com, www.unitear.com, or overlyapp.com. There are many others you can check out to see what will work best for you.
Did you know that 78% of consumers will only engage with direct mail offers that have been personalized to their wants and needs? Use the data you have collected on your customers to deliver them an experience that is tailored to their interests, needs and pain points.
What can AR do for you?
- Drive deep engagement – Augmented reality is extremely engaging. It creates a wide range of opportunities to make direct mail interactive. With AR you can enhance direct mail with your existing digital content, or create a special augmented reality experience such as virtual try-ons or AR games.
- Encourage immediate action – AR can make direct mail response instant by letting people tap to make a purchase or book an appointment. This strengthens direct mail as a sales channel, enabling instant gratification and in the moment decision purchases.
- Real time data – By integrating AR with direct mail, you can learn a lot about how and when people are engaging, including what type of content gets the most attention. This is powerful information that can be used for future campaigns.
You can make your pieces come to life and add another sensory experience. You can provide more content than a mail piece alone can do. Don’t forget that it will also provide a wow factor as well as longer engagement with the piece. One last note about AR is that when you provide a fun experience people will share that with friends and family so you extend the reach of your campaign.
In order to get the best results, make sure to have easy to follow instructions on how the AR works and what people need to do. You also need to provide them with a good incentive to try it. Remember that it does take more work on their part, so convince them why they should. You want to use AR to enhance your customer’s experience with not just your mail piece but your brand.
The AR experience you create is only limited by your creativity. AR is so versatile; you can create some really fun ways to engage your customers and prospects. There are the useful options such as trying on makeup before you buy or seeing what furniture will look like in your house before you buy it, and then there are the options that are just pure fun such as games, activities or interactive information. The power of AR is at your fingertips and can propel your marketing to the next level. Are you ready to get started?