In 2022, finding ways to save on postage is important. Do you have a planned strategy to not only save money on postage but really stand out and increase your response rate? Check out these special programs with the USPS to save on your postage in 2022. There are a variety of programs to choose from, so you should be able to find at least one that is a good fit for you. If you want you can actually participate in all six!
2022 USPS Postage Saving Promotions:
- Tactile, Sensory & Interactive Promotion – This program runs February 1, 2022 – July 31, 2022. This year the discount has increases from 2% to 4% and now includes first class mail. Use this program to highlight special finishing technologies that engage the senses. Some ideas are special visual effects, sound, scent, texture/tactile coatings, and even taste. In addition, you can create interactive mail pieces such as pop-ups, infinite folds, or other dimensional aspects. This is a really fun one that can only be done with print marketing. Get the requirements here.
- Emerging and Advanced Technology Promotion – This program runs March 1, 2022 – August 31, 2022. This time there is a tiered discount structure of 2% – 3% based on the technology used. Use this program to engage customers and prospects by use of mobile technology in direct mail. This can be done with QR codes, Augmented Reality, NFC, Video and more. This is a very powerful way to create a longer connection and increase the effectiveness of your message. Get the requirements here.
- Earned Value Promotion – This program runs April 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022. There is no change in the 2-cent discount this year. This will have a more limited application because it is only for companies that use reply mail. If you use reply mail, use this program to save postage on each piece of business reply mail and courtesy reply mail you get sent to you. Get the requirements here.
- Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion – This program runs July 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022. This year the discount increases from 2% to 3%. Use this program is to add color marketing messaging on your bills and statements. Turn transactional mail into promotional pieces also. Get the requirements here.
- Informed Delivery Promotion – This program runs August 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022. This year the discount has increased from 2% to 4%. Use this program of Informed Delivery which will send an email to people with a color picture of your mail piece to let them know what is coming in their mail box that day. You can even provide a clickable link so that people can start purchasing right then. Get the requirements here.
- Mobile Shopping Promotion – This program runs September 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022. This year the discount will remain at 2%. Use this program if you are selling products during the holiday shopping season. By adding mobile technology to your mail that allows your customers or prospects to make a purchase or other online shopping experiences, you can qualify to save on postage. Get the requirements here.
You can participate in as many of the promotions as you would like. Each promotion requires registration to participate and reporting after the mailing is complete, but they are worth the savings. An ounce of prevention can save you a pound of headaches. It is important to thoroughly check your mail pieces for postal regulations before you print. Your mail service provider can help you with this. Don’t waste money on postage. Are you ready to start saving?